VBPL 2.0 -- almost finished...

| |

For Week 11 of Learning 2.0 we were asked to play with two tools, LibraryThing (for cataloging our own libraries) and Rollyo (to create our own search engine).

I had tried LibraryThing before, but because I would have had to pay to add more than 200 books, I moved on to Shelfari (see the widget on the side of this blog). What I've found from trying both of these was that they were just too much for me to keep up with. I keep a list of all the books I read (just titles), and on this blog, I share the ones that I particularly enjoyed, and that is enough for me.

Similarly, Rollyo was fun, but not especially exciting -- and I would use Google Custom Search instead (scroll up to the top of this blog, right above the posts, and you can use Google Custom Search to search my blog).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned so much from you thanks for all of your help over the last 12 weeks.

71 said...

I agree with you in that Rollyo was nice but I too found other means easier. Thanks for the tip on Google Custom Search. You are a wealth of information.

Diane said...

I agree with Google search and, after I saw it on your blog early on, added it to mine! Thank you for all the tips & tricks along the way!

Post a Comment