VBPL 2.0 -- More on RSS Feeds

| |

To continue from my previous post on RSS feeds and Feed Readers -- we move on to Finding RSS feeds. As part of Thing 10 We were given a list of feed search engines: Feedster, Topix.net, Syndic8.com, and Technorati. I've used some of these tools before (see my profile on Technorati). I was surprised, however, by the omission of the one I use most often -- Google Blog Search. While similar to the above search engines, it is, for lack of a better word, nicely googleified, and extremely easy to access*.

But really, the best way to find new feeds -- is to simply follow the links in the blogs you are already reading! If you look on the left-hand column of this blog, you'll see a listing of my favorite authors' blogs and a listing of other book blogs. But I read other blogs too -- and I thought this would be a good time to tell you about a few of the ones that I read on a regular basis:

Lifehacker -- One of the first technology blogs that I subscribed to, Lifehacker is an easy to read blog about how technology can be used to make our lives easier. See, for example, this post on getting the most out of your local library.

Photojojo -- Fun, interesting things you can do with your photos, some with Photoshop, and others with scissors and glue -- only updates twice a week, but has great ideas!

Craftzine -- Links to anything interesting that happens to be going on in the craft blogosphere -- lots of links to free patterns and great tutorials.

Popgadget -- cute, pink gadgets -- need I say more?

So, what feeds to you subscribe to? Any suggestions for me?

*On the main Google search page, you'll see, in the top left hand corner, links to "Web", "Images", etc... and "more". When you click on "more", a drop-down menu appears, and the first option you'll see is "Blog Search"

0 comments:

Post a Comment