Award Winners Announced!

| |

Award Winners Announced!


Am I a book-dork or what? My first thought when I woke up this morning was to check my Google Reader feeds to see if anyone had leaked any of the Printz/Newbery winners yet. (Last year, I found out about Shannon Hale’s Newbery Honor from her very cute blog entry about the phone call from the Newbery Committee).


Michael L. Printz Award for Young Adult Fiction:



Printz Honor Books:





  • Surrender by Sonya Hartnett (will get this from work tonight – curious as to why I haven’t heard much about it before)



Newbery Medal



Newbery Honor Books





Margaret A. Edwards Award (for lifetime achievement in young adult literature):

  • Lois Lowry (author of The Giver, Gathering Blue, Number the Stars, etc…)


And, now that my “To-be-Read” list has gotten even longer – I think I should go read a little before work!


P.S. please let me know if any of the links don't work -- I was a little bit rushed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment