| |
What Books are You Reading?

I don't do a lot of memes.... but I was tagged by Gina of Amoxcalli, and I like this meme if only because it makes me feel a little less guilty about not posting some of my reviews.

It's Kind of a Funny Story
by Ned Vizzini -- I read this one on the flight up to NY, was lucky enough to get to meet the author at Books of Wonder and get my book signed. I've started writing a review, but I wanted to quote a couple parts of the text, and my copy is still in NY. (My boyfriend started reading it, and I wanted to let him finish it)

Also recently finished Story of a Girl, Starcrossed, and A Swift Pure Cry

Pay the Piper
-- a Rock-and-Roll fairy tale by Jan Yolen and her son Adam Stemple. I've been reading this on my breaks at work, so far, really enjoying it.

Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie. I was helping a patron find Janet Evanovich readalikes and Crusie was mentioned in an article on Novelist. I hadn't read any of her books before, so I checked out the book on tape, and I've been listening, and blushing, on my way to work for the last couple days. Not a lot of depth, but definitely fun!

Maybe by Brent Runyon. One of my co-workers ordered this (with my name on the request form)... and we were surprised to find out that it takes place in VIRGINIA BEACH!!!! I was so freaked out by the randomness of this that I put the book down, but I plan to get back to it.

Epic by Conor Kostick -- about a world where all conflict takes place in video games. I haven't gotten far enough into it yet to know if I like it... but I'll post about it when I finish it.

Okay, that was enough distraction... must get back to work. But first, I'm tagging Jackie (of Interactivereader) and Tadmack (of Readers Rants)!

And in case you're curious... yes, that picture is me... age 7, reading one of my favorite books of all time! (And besides, what's a blog post without an image?)




2 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Good Lord, Sara, you tagged me like forever ago... I keep meaning to actually write down what I am reading -- Okay, okay, I'm on it!

Sara said...

It's okay... it took me a couple of days to realize that I had been tagged too.

Post a Comment