Cybils Winners Announced... TOMORROW!!!

| |

When it comes to February 14th, most people fall into one of two camps -- those that love Valentine's Day and all that it implies (namely, chocolate), and those who think that it is a conspiracy created by Hallmark to make single people feel bad. But those of us in the kidlitosphere have a different reason to celebrate on February 14th...

(drumroll please)

The winners of the first ever Children's and YA Blogger's Literary Award (CYBILS for short) will be announced.

And I already know who the winner is for the YA category, but I can't tell you because I've been sworn to secrecy. I will tell you however, that I'm very happy with the outcome -- but since I was really happy with our shortlist, that probably doesn't tell you very much.

But to refresh -- we (the YA panelists: Jackie, Little Willow, Tadmack, Mindy, and myself) started with a list of 80 nominations (we actually had 81 at one point, but a book that appeared to be a historical mystery turned out to have aliens in it, so we sent it over to the SF/Fantasy committee). If you're curious about some statistics on the nominees, check out this post of Jackie's)

After much e-mailing and group chat, we finally came up with a shortlist of five titles:

Shortlist (in alphabetical order)

Book Thief, The
written by Markus Zusak
Knopf Books for Young Readers

Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life, A
written by Dana Reinhardt
Wendy Lamb Books

Hattie Big Sky
written by Kirby Larson
Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
written by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Knopf Books for Young Readers

Rules of Survival, The
written by Nancy Werlin
Dial

Check back tomorrow for the WINNER!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I love the little picture of the five book covers. What a great job you all did picking these five books!

Sara said...

Thanks Jen! I really enjoyed being part of all of this (and I'm so excited about the winner!)

Post a Comment