2006: A Year in Review(s)

| |

Everything I read in 2006 ! (193 total!)

Now, if you really want to, you can read through the whole long list above (organized only by the order in which I read) -- or, if you're short on time, here are my favorite books from each month:

January

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

February

Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins

March

Blue Noon by Scott Westerfeld

April

Close Kin by Clare Dunkle

May

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

June

Looking for Alaska by John Green

July

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

August

Twice Told by Scott Hunt, et al.

(with stories by John Green, Sarah Dessen, and more)

September

Kiki Strike by Kirsten Miller

October

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

November

This is All: the Pillow Book of Cordelia Kenn by Aidan Chambers

December

The Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin

(These last three months were really hard to choose from, since I was reading for the Cybils and there were sooo many good books to choose from)

This really has been an amazing year for me in terms of reading -- I graduated from college in May of '05, so this has been the first full year in which I really had the time to read anything I wanted to (Well, of course, I will never have enough time to read everything I want to). I've "discovered" so many wonderful authors that I had never even heard of before: John Green, E. Lockhart, Justine Larbalestier*, Markus Zusak, Meg Rosoff, Aidan Chambers... and so many more.

2007 Resolution: This coming year -- I think I'll try for over 200 books (since I was so close this year) -- and I will blog everything I read!

*I'd include her husband Scott Westerfeld too, but I read Uglies in 2005

0 comments:

Post a Comment