The Christopher Killer by Alane Ferguson

| |

The Christopher Killer by Alane Ferguson

I love just about any police/detective/forensics show on TV. I mean, my idea of a perfect evening involves curling up on the couch with my boyfriend and watching Law and Order: SVU and CSI reruns. But for some reason, I rarely read mysteries (with the exception of Janet Evanovich), but I loved The Christopher Killer. It was like the perfect blend of CSI and Veronica Mars*

Cameryn has one goal in life, and that is to be a forensic pathologist. Her father, the coroner in a small Colorado town, grudgingly allows her to be his assistant. But then, one of Cameryn's friends is murdered. All the signs point to this being the work of a serial murderer, known as the Christopher Killer (for the St. Christopher medals that are found on all of the bodies). It is up to Cameryn to figure out who her friend's killer is.

This one definitely kept me guessing until the end (as any good mystery should), and I'm looking forward to reading Ferguson's next book -- The Angel of Death (though not until after the cybils of course ;) )

*Okay, I confess, Veronica Mars is one of my guilty pleasures.

5 comments:

Jackie Parker said...

Have you read the Body of Evidence series by Christopher Golden? It's about a girl in college who ends up as an assistant to a pathologist and gets to solve crimes and such. I really like it, and I'm looking forward to reading The Christopher Killers for that reason. Like you, I don't generally read mysteries, except for Evanovich.

Little Willow said...

I am stunned and happy to read Jackie's comment, because I was just about to tell you about the BoE series. Christopher Golden is my favorite author. BoE has ten books, best read in order, so be sure to start with BODY BAGS. :)

http://www.christophergolden.com/
http://christophergolden.com/bodyofevidence.html

In other news, I STILL haven't tracked down this book, and I've wanted to read it for, oh, half a YEAR. Aaah.


- Little Willow

Sara said...

Oh no! Not more books to read! (j/k!)

Anonymous said...

i havent read al of the christopher killer but its so good so far i loooovvve it (lol)

Sara said...

Glad you're enjoying it... and I hear there's a third book coming out soon! :)

Post a Comment