| |

Two quick adminstrative-ish things --

1. I know I haven't posted in over a month -- and I'm really sorry.

It was an insanely crazy month, between Teen Read Week programs and a Halloween program at work, and papers due in both of my classes*. But that's just the way my life is, and it's probably going to stay this way for the next couple years.

So, from here on out, I'll still post reviews as often as I can -- but they may be sporadic. Feel free to subscribe to the rss feed (if you haven't already), so you can be notified of new posts when they randomly appear. (though I will be posting one new review tonight)

2. You may be seeing a few marginally relevant posts popping up in the next couple weeks. For my work, we're doing a online training on Web 2.0/Library 2.0 stuff, and we have to create/post to a blog as part of the program. While I could create a new blog for this, I'm choosing to post here for two reasons.

One-- I have always found it a bit annoying when people create blogs (and claim blog domain names), write a couple posts, and then abandon them.

More importantly, however, I think that a major part of this Web 2.0 initiative is to help us, as library staff, to figure out ways to connect with a new generation of library users -- millenials, digital natives**, or, as some might call them, teens. So, as a blogger who reviews teen fiction, I realize that this topic is indirectly related to the purpose of my blog, and it may be relevant to at least some of my readers.

I will mark these posts very clearly -- the title of each post will start with VBPL 2.0, and I will also tag the posts as such***. So, if you're not interested, feel free to just skim right past them. Alternately, if you're curious about the project, here is the main blog with the description.

*I also have a paper due this week, which is why I'm procrastinating and writing this right now instead!

**According to Wikipedia's dates for Millenials (1980-2000)-- this is my generation, too! see this article from USA Today for more info.

*** VBPL stands for Virginia Beach Public Libraries -- I've never said this directly on this blog before, but that is the library system where I work.

The picture, if you're curious, is of the Biblioteca (library) at the University of Cadiz, where I took classes one summer. Not exactly related... but blog posts are so boring without pictures, don't you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment