| |

Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot

I have this huge pile of books at home waiting to be read, but recently, I just haven't been in the mood for any of them. What have I been in the mood for?


Fluff.


Pure fluff.


What can I say? It's summertime (or it feels like it anyway). And that's just what I do in the summer. I give up all those "serious" books that I had to read for school, and I read stacks upon stacks of romance novels (teen and adult).


So, of course, I was very excited last week to see Meg Cabot's newest waiting for me on my shelf at work.


Kate Ellison is planning on having the best summer of her life. She is dating the hottest guy in school (who is also the star of the football team), she has a job at the most popular local restaurant, her best friend is the most popular girl in school, and she is a contestant in the Quahog Princess Pagent. But then, Tommy Sullivan, who left town 3 years ago after "Tommy Sullivan is a Freak" appears in spray paint on the side of the new middle school gym. And, suddenly, Kate's life becomes a lot more complicated.


And then, there's her little lying problem. Kate has told so many lies that she can't even keep them straight anymore. From her simple lies (pretending that she loves Quahogs when she really thinks they taste like rubber) to the more complicated (telling her best friend that the hot guy they saw on the beach went to football camp with her brother when he is, in fact, Tommy Sullivan).

And Pants on Fire is everything I was looking for in a fluffy read. The plot, as is common in Meg Cabot's novels, is a bit over-the-top, but that's just part of the fun. Definitely recommended as a light summer beach read!

1 comments:

ZG said...

Tag!
You're invited to join the 8-Things Meme Party!

http://midwesternlodestar.blogspot.com/2007/05/oh-no-ive-been-webbed.html

Post a Comment